DayZ Update

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Yom, Oct 24, 2016.

1. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

Zombie Apocalypse Themed Prison? Interesting. Will there be A-Z and Prestiges? Other than that, do you know how it will work so far?

2. FrostClapper

FrostClapper Member

That sounds awesome! Looking forward to it :)

3. Yom

Yom Owner

Yom_
    Owner
    Yea me and MCB thought it would be a cool addition to the server some time in the future. The basic premise for the game would be..... Its set 50 years after InfectedRPG when the human race faces extinction. Basically in order to keep the species alive PeaceKeepers (the final military formed government of the world) captures and quarantines the final few survivors into a super fortified bunker (prison basically). In here its much like a prison however with a zombie theme. Peacekeepers patrol with their main goal to keep human race alive, if that means killing a few trouble makers so be it. You can complete tasks throughout the quarantine to earn money and become more trusted (just like a prison server) You would be able to craft make shift weaponry like shanks and guns and other primitive weapons to wreak havoc on the Peacekeepers and other detainees. And every few hours there would be a Purge, or a breach in which a zombie herd attacks the quarantine and the players are able to leave the prison into the world (which would basically be a massive ruined city) where they can loot for better weapons, unlike their make shift ones in the prison. They can find food and valuables and much more while the Peacekeepers deal with the zombies and then go out and capture the survivors again. Just a fun YomNetwork take on a prison server for you guys to look forward to!

Phantis likes this.
  4. AyeItsJat

AyeItsJat Member

Retexture the weapons to make them look fancier. :3

5. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

That sounds really interesting, by the way I call getting a Yom autographed shank :3. Two questions about the Purge. 1: Will the loot in the abandoned city be like DayZ with civ, police, army, and dungeon chests? 2: Will the Peacemakers chase you once you escape? And if they do, will them killing you make you go back to the prison?

6. PandaRice

PandaRice Member

7. Warx247

Warx247 Supporter

Warx247
    Supporter
    People who previously donated for crates would get those crates back (It's what happened on Infernal Realms so I can only assume it would happen here).

I agree about this, which is why I wouldn't mind a reset.

8. Benny

Benny Member

Yom that idea is amazing, PLEASE make it into a server!

Phantis and teatasse789 like this.
  9. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

I agree with this, but Yom please be careful. I don't want to sound like your mother, but be careful in creating the new server and don't rush any part of it. I'm ok if it takes 2 more years and ends up amazing, but not if it takes 2 more months and turns out horrible. Please take your time in making this.

10. kioph

kioph Member

Anyone remember the large landmass to the east of the current map, with the bridge across sz? Add that back in, that would be amazing! ^_^

11. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

I agree, maybe add some civ/police areas there, and 1-3 military bases.

kioph likes this.
  12. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Supporter

Suma27
    Supporter
    I loved the east side, because it was where me and Titus mostly played on and where we learned to play. I would love for it to be readded

13. Benny

Benny Member

Like infernal i would think there will be beta. Like all the servers on the network they are unique and well made, the prison server won't be any different. They are putting two
    amazing servers and combining them to make one... Dayz Prison server.

14. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Supporter

Suma27
    Supporter
    yeah Yom would never release a server if it wasn't refined to the high standard of the network.

15. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

Sorry, i've just seen a bunch of horrible prison servers before. I don't want this prison to end up like any of those. I understand that Yom does well, just making sure.

16. Warx247

Warx247 Supporter

Warx247
    Supporter
    Infernal Realms was delayed for over 10 weeks I believe, because yom was having these crazy cool ideas and was improving the server. It's impossible that the new game mode would turn out bad, not with yom creating it.

17. Phantis

Phantis Supporter

Phantavius
    Supporter
    Sorry, I actually was going to after I think about some ideas.

18. teatasse789

teatasse789 Member

Well good for infernal, I don't do it often but go Valyria (My town)! It's just not all the servers i've seen on other networks are as good as this.

19. Dragons

Dragons Supporter

Dragons__LLTS
    Yom,

I like your overall idea for the update. I have a few thoughts for you to consider.

1) If you do incorporate a wipe, I would assume earned ranks, bought ranks and bought crates, soul weapons etc.. would be refunded or stay with you. It would be good to make that clear up front to alleviate stress (which you can see creeping into this thread as the idea of a wipe gets discussed. it was permeating global chat a bit this past week too).

2) I agree with you that the idea of having a 64 stack of X gun and a 64 stack of Y gun etc.. (i.e. conceivably having a couple thousand banked guns) is unbalancing. I would like to encourage you not to make the mistake many developers make though which is the mistake of NERFing rather than the forward looking act of BALANCING. What I mean by that is this...

As has been pointed out in this thread, FINDING and COLLECTING stuff is one important part of the game. PvP is certainly another major part. But the idea players can find and collect things (securely into their banks... so their risk for their most precious stuff is 0) is a hallmark of most sandbox/open world type games. Those that do it right, last. Those that end up nerfing too hard, see their community implode.

So, just removing stacking is a huge nerf because players are left with the same sized bank and MUCH less storage capacity which they will max out within a few days and thus lose a core dynamic of the game thus lose buy-in to being a long term member of the community.

My personal suggestion is to consider the following:
    A) GROW the bank for everyone. Double or triple it in size.
    B) LIMIT stacking based on the 'goodness' of the gun. If its something you can only get in a Rare 3 crate maybe you can't stack it at all. If its somethin from a Rare 2 crate (at least) then maybe you can stack 5. Rare 1 maybe you can stack 10. Camo/Skinned guns maybe you can stack 15. And random crap in the world (like a Lee Enfield or a Stakeout) maybe you can stack many more times as those are simply not uncommon so who really cares if you have 64 stakeouts if it helps the person feel like they are constantly collecting things or enables them to get back into the action quicker. -- So in the end, you might even be allowing 'more' variety in stacking (i.e. camo or upgraded weapons) but limiting the total amount to something much smaller... but providing more overall slots.

People collect crap.... free stuff at conferences is a massive draw.... hoarders in Skyrim are far more common than not... same premise here.

Anyway, I like the direction you are going. I would just like to encourage you to support the 'collect stuff' aspect of the game in a secure way (yep, you are letting people build more secure bases but its only a matter of time before those just become farms for people and are not really a way to collect and feel like you are making progress) such as via a larger bank box but with limited amounts of different types that you can stack... but more varieties of what does stack.

20. Arnye

Arnye Member

There are many flaws in your ideas however I do see where your going with this:

1. When the update comes, dayz is going to be alot more harder because of the new items, weapons and bug's fixed. If they eliminate stacking it"ll be worth it because of all of illegal stakers, stacking l96s even crafting l96s. If they raise the bank capacity it would be kinda overpowered. However the more blocks that would be added would hope fully balance this out, as it would make bases more secure.

2. Bigger storage boxes would be fairly hard to plug in, since they are retextured dispensers and if added anything storage better then the dispenser (the chest) it would be fairly unbalanced because of huge amount of storages and possible exploits.