new ban system

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by hyunwooklee, Nov 3, 2016.

1. hyunwooklee

hyunwooklee Member

So I've been thinking about this idea for a while,
    I think it'd be better if people gets /warning for a certain amount of excessive disrespect/harassment/arguing etc.
    Because not only is it hard to count how many "Excessive" rule breaks players performed to get a "ban", but it also gives a chance to staffs for abusing their rights and randomly "banning" people for "Excessive" disrespect even though the player did not excessively disrespect.
    And after a person reaches certain amount of warning (lets say 5 for minor 3 for huge ones.)
    They get banned till next month, and at the next month the warning expires. (if a person has 4 warnings, it'll reset and become 0)
    So unless a person does some extremely prohabited things, such as accusing someone being yom/mcb
    or dupe/hack, I think it'd be a good system to keep track of how many rules he/she broke.

2. hyunwooklee

hyunwooklee Member

Or warnings could just be a system where you track how abusive the players were, and determine if the player deserves to apply for staff or not

3. Warx247

Warx247 Supporter

Warx247
    Supporter
    Personally, I think a different kind of warn system should be implemented. It's not needed at all and no riots would be started if this idea was ignored but it would just be helpful at times. This idea would be much more helpful if it was network-wide.

A /warn system that simply warns people. Just a simple warning message that would come up. This could be used to warn players who seem like they're about to break rules (Either in chat or in game). I believe an official warning would be more efficient than just saying "hey, stop that", it'll be like a slap in the face (Also, when the servers busy chat could be clogged up, a warning would be seen clearly).

This could be useful at peak times, especially if you're a low staff rank and your chat line doesn't demand much attention (compared to other players, for example on InfectedRPG people have long, colourful nicknames).

I don't think any punishments should be linked to however many warnings you've gotten unless it's just a kick from the server.

4. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Supporter

Suma27
    Supporter
    the old /warn system worked quite well for old t-mods so I agree with this idea.

5. Fawnzee

Fawnzee Supporter

Fawnzee
    Supporter
    Has it been changed then? I usually use /warn if someone's disobeying or being a bit out of line.

6. Arnye

Arnye Member

I think you put this in the yomnetwork idea's and suggestions - this idea can be used network wide.

7. As of now all punishments are synced across the entire server. We may add a warn system back, but people used the old warn sytem as a way to spam warning to give players certain punishments if they didnt have the permission to give the punishment directly. If we did add it back, it wouldnt serve any punishments but just act as a warning.

8. Fawnzee

Fawnzee Supporter

Fawnzee
    Supporter
    But only tmod+ has warn ? They has kick and tempmute already