Controversy

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by xlFletcHlx, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlFletcHlx

xlFletcHlx Member

Well i was sat in warzone on a rather comfy seat until i saw some messages which caused controversy over helper commands. They asked me to make a thread on it so i have and here is the general idea on it.

Should (for helpers) have the command /whois removed? as most people on the server probably wouldnt like their IP address in the hands of some random guy that they will never meet. it could also be abused as it shows a players health and other thing which would be usefull for a higher member of staff which is more trusted than a helper which could well have played for a week. Which also I think should be replaced with a less, overpowered command?

Thanks
    - xlFletcHlx

Yom MinecraftB0ss Mega

2. OreoNeytirix

OreoNeytirix Member

I can agree with xlFletcHlx again on this too, I didn't really know about /whois until today's conversation and frankly, Helpers shouldn't have access to it as it includes the players IP Address. Helpers who have only just joined staff can use this to do multiple bad things like hack, damage or even steal the players MC account. I don't think it should be accessible to Helpers or T-Mods.

3. Arnye

Arnye Member

Well.... I would give it to only t-mods (there are only 3 t-mods)

4. xlFletcHlx

xlFletcHlx Member

Arnye The question is are they trusted? do they have a right over our personal infomation? how long have they been in service and who they are?

5. OreoNeytirix

OreoNeytirix Member

Fawnzee even stated he doesn't want to have access to it

6. xlFletcHlx

xlFletcHlx Member

True and if he doesnt then i dont think any T Mod should as i think Fawnzee is very trustworthy and loyal.

7. This has been changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.