The Lore of The InfectedRPG World.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kioph, Jan 11, 2017.

1. kioph

kioph Member

What strange world is this?

How did it come to be?

What is its future?

If you can't tell, the world of infectedRPG is huge, dangerous, and most of all, mysterious.
    I have made several theories on what led to the current world, which I will share with you.

How did this chaotic world originate?
    The root of all trouble can be traced back to notch, but thats a story for another day. As far as we are concerned, the true chaos began with the unleashment of the chemical-z virus. The virus infected someone, who were then promptly transferred to hatch island to be tested on.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.07.56 PM.png
    figure a, (above), hatch island
    Now, hatch was somehow compromised. How this happened, we may never know, as any records on this are scarce. What we do know of, are the consequences that resulted in this, including, but not limited too, a testing chamber being flooded with poison gas, most entrances sealed, partial ground collapse, infection of facility staff, elevator destruction, and of course, the virus spreading to the outside world. Most interestingly, is the placement of a large stone skull under hatch island. Origins and usage of this artifact are unknown.

The zombie virus
    The consequences of the virus were immediate and destructive. Widespread infection occurred, with the military unable to do anything about it. From what we can tell, things like the blockade on newhaven bridge, and severing of transportation lines were most likely executed by the army. Things like the chernobyl reactor meltdown may have also occurred.

The prisons
    The main part of my theory. If you look on the map, you may notice there were 2 large main prisons, the Drydale detention facility and Alkatraz high security prison.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.22.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.02.19 PM.png
    figures b and c, (above), the 2 prisons
    We know criminals were held there, maybe something worse at Alka. But heres where the guesswork begins: Clear struggle can be seen on the prisons, most notably Alka, where parts of the walls had been blown off. But.. how? Well, I guess that taking advantage of the virus, the prisoners escaped, and promptly started to spread chaos, seizing weapons, while a stressed military was unable to do anything in wake of the virus. The path of the 2 prisons can be seen: Alka, being in the middle of a blizzard area for some reason, appeared to have rampaged across the tundra until destroying and killing the inhabitants of the town Morta. Heres where things get interesting: a screen inside the control bunker of the northern launch site can be seen stuck on a screen, with the words "missile targeted at Morta". Clearly, this missile was launched with the intention of destroying the Alka forces, which I would guess it to have done pretty well, turning the town radioactive. Radioactive, you say? how?! a nuclear weapon? no, thats a saved for another day. Instead, the military would have most likely deployed a dirty bomb, sometimes known as a RDD. This device would have spread radiation over the area, while only having a blast the size of a large bomb.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.59.24 PM.png
    figure d, (above), Radioactive Morta

Drydale Prison
    Drydale prison is.. more complicated. After being freed from prison, the inmates of the prison invaded drydale, while massacring the civilians. Multiple signs can be found saying something along the lines of "Lets take back the wasteland". Now, drydale being a city close to home, a large contingent of the army and airforce was deployed to fight the wasteland raiders, as I have taken to calling them. The battle seemed to have been in the raiders favor, with them downing a military gunship with a captured anti aircraft weapon.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.00.31 PM.png
    figure e, (above), the downed gunship plunged into the city

CONTINUATION TOMORROW

CONTINUATION:
    With the military suffering massive losses in the face of the prison, they decided to unleash the unthinkable: chemical weapons. You may have noticed the land around ddale is brown.. dead.. the only area with land like this. While its entirely possible that the virus was absorbed into the ground, I believe that the military unleashed chemical weapons on the city, killing their troops along with the prisoners and a good portion of civilians. The origin of the weapons takes some assumption, but I believe I have traced it back to Atlas Peak research facility, of which I will cover in a different theory. The weapons were deployed by plane, which originated from none other than the coast guard vessel docked near the border of carcazo desert. A exterior look at the ship makes it appear small, and innocent, but an interior view shows its not only large on the inside, with large amounts of storage space, but it has a functioning flight deck as well. The large radar dish mounted on the outside is pointed to ddale, suggesting something more sinister.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.23.49 PM.png
    figure f, (above), the cost guard ship with a possible delivery plane

Well, that wraps up todays theory, I'll obviously be making more in the future. Like, Comment, and uh yea.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    TheDragonsFlame, Yom and Phantis like this.
  2. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Member

this is a really cool analysis of some infected Easter eggs that not many people have seen before. there are some other places that I suggest you write about, for example CDC which played a part in the fight back against the virus and Atlantis is also pretty mysterious, what was it used for? a research facility or maybe even a safe haven where selected prime healthy humans could live away from the infected until they die out and then repopulate the world once again.

Phantis likes this.
  3. kioph

kioph Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I do plan to cover both of those topics tommorow, when I can finish writing.

4. Warx247

Warx247 Member

The bit about the Wasteland raiders is wrong (I think). From what I understand, the civilians from Drydale were forced out of their homes by the military, as the military set up base there (As evident by the many tanks and helictopers in the area). The civilians were required to move elsewhere (the kings estate maybe?). Obviously in the wake of the infection being spread the citizens of Drydale did not like being away from their homes, the homes they knew. Not one bit. They had nowhere they would be safe. One person stood up and convinced the others to fight for their home. They called themselves the Savages (savage clothing can be found in a spawn kit). "Let's take back the wasteland" must be signs from the Savages, who want their homes back. They may have gotten armed from the Ddale prison (not sure). The Savages went on to take back their city. A massive battle occurred which explains the crashed planes and the destruction of many buildings/roads.The mayor of Drydale, who was on the militarys side was killed by the leader of the Savages, and the Savages took control of the city.

This may not be 100% what happened but I do know it's kinda close to what happened. It wasn't any escaped convicts from the prison who battled the military, but the cititzens of the city themselves.

Also, the zombie virus was introduced to the world when the meteor fell from the sky and destroyed Tartarus. The monster in the meteor was the one who spread the virus onto Patient Zero.

Phantis likes this.
  5. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Member

You sure? Tartarus was added in after the apocalypse started :p

6. Warx247

Warx247 Member

Don't take my word on it as I could be wrong, but I think Yom said that somewhere.

7. kioph

kioph Member

My theory involves the ddale battle in a different way

8. Yom

Yom Owner

Very cool analysis and partially true! The dayz update will add much more lore and tie up a bunch of loose ends :) There is a big story in my head which I hint at in numerous ways in the world through stories, signs, design and monsters. A key creature in all of this was "The Monster" aptly named because people didnt have an actual name for it, and if you see "Fear the Monster" "Beware the smoke" signs around you know this thing was quite a feared beast. It was in fact what brought chemical Z to the world when the moon was hit by a much larger asteroid, hence the moon being obliterated. A chunk of the broken moon fell into orbit and crashed into Pompeii doing quite alot of damage, the military received transmission that something was killing hundreds of people all over the island so they unleashed the strongest Hydrogen bomb they could to contain the threat to the island... obviously it was somewhat effective, but didnt kill it. Patient 0 was the only survivor from the bomb and was either washed up on the shore of the jungle island, or was picked up by military scout helis for testing. Very cool analysis guys! I wont ruin the story here just wanted to give a little bit as its one of the more important bits. PS. the story of Drydale is one of the most interesting in my opinion.

Phantis likes this.
  9. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Member

smoke monster!!!!

10. kioph

kioph Member

wow, you responded.. Im not anywhere close to being done with my theory, so stay tuned. holy shit... well, I have a couple ideas I will add later, and I knew it was a hydrogen bomb! the thing looked too much like a missile.

11. Ender

Ender Member

And the lightsabers? where did they come from? :p

12. kioph

kioph Member

Updated the main part.

13. kioph

kioph Member

Lightsabers were created by Almighty Yom to please you spoiled players.

craftisir314 and Phantis like this.
  14. Yom

Yom Owner

Damn right punk

craftisir314, Phantis and kioph like this.
  15. Yom

Yom Owner

As I say I try to please both sides of the playerbase. Some players dont give a fuq about story or lore or history and some do. So thats why alot of it is hidden in text or signs etc. Also makes it more fun to learn! As well as more realistic as there arent many historians left in the world! xD

Phantis and kioph like this.
  16. Yom

Yom Owner

There is a story for every place in my mind, I didnt know people cared so much but now I will add more! Ive always thought it would be cool to find hints and clues to uncover the history of this world and the disaster.

17. Yom

Yom Owner

Yepo! In my mind the Monster resembled something similar to the Obscurus from the new Harry potter movie, however its not COPIED cuz Its been in the game for around 5 years now xD When I saw the new harry potter movie the obscurus acted almost exactly as I believed the monster would in dayz. A smokey, moving, dark cloud like creature which explodes into rage and destroys everything in its path.

18. Sumatrae

Sumatrae Member

I first heard about it around 3-4 years ago when I was new to the server. unfortunately since then the mystery and fear surrounding it has dissapeared and few know of it

kioph likes this.
  19. Phantis

Phantis Member

Haha! I remember talking to you about server lore like a week before the Dragunov (or was it the hub update? Too far back.) was released and you told me most of this!

Thx Yom for making the fun lore and not just the great map and gamemode but adding lore Ive always loved it and have had theories! I was under the impression the Monster hit the moon and broke a chunk out of it tho.

Thx kio me buddy, I love you actually took the time Ive always been too lazy to post that info I know. Most of my theories are in agreement (most not all.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  20. Arnye

Arnye Member

Exicting